Seaham Red Star v West Auckland

Seaham Red Star 1 - 1 West Auckland
04 Sep 2018 - 19:30

Seaham Red Star 1-1 West Auckland

Amar Purewal first half equaliser earns West a point in a game they could have lost with Seaham wasting a hat full of chances.

West got the game underway and with 30 seconds gone should have been in the lead. Good work from Purewal sets up Price with just the keeper to beat, the keeper guessed right and saves a certain goal.

With eleven minutes gone Seaham took the lead against the run play. Lee Hetherington picks the loose ball up and somehow manages to take it within a couple feet from goal and beats Bland at the near post.

Midway through the first half Steve Snaith tries his look from distance as West try to level the score but this time his shot goes wide.

West did get the equaliser on 39 minutes after good work from Tom Price sets Amar Purewal up who continues his scoring form slots it past the keeper to give a half time score of 1-1.

Jon Weirs nearly gave the home team the lead again when his powerful shot was heading in but Bland made a spectacular diving save to keep it out.

Both teams made substitutes looking to get the three points and Seaham were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty when Colquhoum pulled the attacking player back.

West last chance came in added on time when Purewal broke free and chips the advancing keeper only to see the defender clear it before it reached the net.

The final whistle goes and Auckland we’re lucky to get the point, if Seaham had taken there chances the game would have been way out of West’s reach.

Next up for West is a away trip to Newton Aycliffe on Saturday 8th September.

Seaham Red Star:- Hunter. Toward. Howe. Jewitt. Myers. Hutchinson. Palmer. Gardiner. Gash. Hetherington. Weirs.

Subs:- Jackson. Steele. Hodgson. Haley. Donnelly.

West Auckland:- Bland. Hegarty. Price. Colquhoum. Parker. Snaith (Mckeown 79’). Portas. Dodds(Mitchell 58’). Fisher. Purewal. Wearmouth(Morris 54’).

Subs not used:- Cobain. Doninger.

Goal:- Purewal (39’)

Attendance:- 96

Referee:- James Bancroft.